Wednesday, May 10, 2017

More Scraps and Flowers

I'm really enjoying Edyta Sitar's book, Little Handfuls of Scraps. Thanks again, Rachel!


I couldn't resist making this little quilt. It's 12-1/2" x 12-1/2". I try and cut my scraps as soon as I can to prevent overflowing scrap bins so had lots of 1-1/2" x 3" pieces to play with. 


The back.


Then I started another project but instead of making a small quilt I decided to make some blocks.


I've made 4 so far. They are so much fun. I think I'll probably add the same pieced sashing strips in between the blocks for continuity but that could change. It's a great pattern to showcase fabrics especially those large floral prints.  


I plan on donating this little 9-Patch to our guild for the Little Wishes silent auction at next year's show.


The back. An oldie but goodie. 


I love this time of year when the wildflowers are beginning to bloom. Look at the cute faces of this Great-Spurred Violet.


And flowers that look like little bells hanging from the stems of Solomon's Seal.  


There's a large patch of Mayapples near the patio . . . 


. . . with a pretty white flower blooming underneath each "umbrella." 


Indoors I have a Hoya plant which I totally ignore. It has been potbound for at least 15 years and gets watered whenever it looks sad.    


And every year it produces this gorgeous flower :)

Have a great week! 




__________
Copyright 2017, Barbara Schaffer




9 comments:

  1. i love your plant watering plan. lol I've seen that plant before, what an interesting flower. Love the lush photos of your outdoor plants.
    All your little projects are so charming. what an amazing collection of scraps you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful doll quilts to add to your collection !
    And the flowers are beautiful ! Thank you for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to get that book too, but haven't made anything yet. Your newest quilts are delightful with all their scrappiness. Your yard must look lovely with all that lush green. It makes me smile that despite its neglect your Hoya rewards you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet little quilts! They are all just the dearest and I love your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! Little scrap quilts are so much fun to make with reproduction fabrics :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful little quilts! I have that book too....and hope to make at least one of each! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome, Barbara. Love seeing all that you're working on (and finishing!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how I love that book! Lots and lots of inspiration. It was the perfect gift :)

      Delete
  7. What sweet little quilts! I think this one is my new favorite book. I could make every quilt in it! I like your idea of making a larger quilt with those luscious blocks!

    ReplyDelete